In this article, we look at SAP solutions that aim to help businesses design the future of work post-COVID-19 and help make employees feel safe in returning to work.
The COVID-19 pandemic has created extraordinary circumstances and disruptions in businesses, governments, and the personal lives of the majority of people worldwide. As confirmed COVID-19 cases surpass 9 million globally and continue to grow, and with no effective vaccines being developed as of yet, many employees have concerns about returning to work as government restrictions ease.
In fact, a new survey from SAP company Qualtrics shows that the vast majority of people have no interest in returning to work and would only feel safe if there is a strong healthcare and safety scheme in place to protect employees and ensure workplace hygiene and cleanliness is achieved to the standard necessary to prevent the spread of virus. Key results include:
- 93% of respondents said they need employers to enforce social distancing
- 90% want employers to limit the number of in-person meetings
- 87% want masks to be a requirement
- 82% want temperature checks done on everyone who enters the work building
How SAP Can Help Design the Future of Work Post-COVID-19
To help businesses manage the challenges of returning to the workplace, SAP offers solutions for improving environmental health and safety, providing employee training, supporting remote workers, and protecting the health of essential on-site employees.
SAP Environment, Health, and Safety Management
The SAP EHS Management system integrates risk management and asset management processes for workplace safety. To ensure employees’ health and safety at work, the system automates relevant safety measure proposals by pulling risk information into work orders. It provides standard icons and clear instructions on job cards and supports a risk-based occupational health process that’s integrated with central HR data.
SAP SuccessFactors Visa and Permits Management
To allow people back on-site in a controlled, secure, and compliant way while minimizing business risk, organizations need to manage a combination of health documentation, global and local regulations, self attestations of fitness to work, and physical access controls.
With SAP SuccessFactors Visa and Permits Management plus Guardian by AlertEnterprise, organizations are enabled to gain control of the process bringing people back into the office while automating enforcement of complex and evolving COVID-19 health and safety policies.
Bridge-IT by SAP and Qualtrics
Launched by SAP APJ Innovation Office, the Bridge-IT app is an open-source application that provides employees with real-time facts on COVID-19 and accurate guidance on how to cope with the pandemic. Technologies from SAP Qualtrics Surveys, SAP Cloud Platform, SAP HANA and SAP Analytics Cloud, and SAP Conversational AI were used to develop to create this emergency response communications platform. Features include:
- a personalized walk-through that allows respondents to input their situation and be routed to appropriate resources based on their needs.
- connecting WHO and country data to provide up-to-date and localized information
- situation monitoring through real-time data and public sentiment
- a chatbot for 24×7 access to company-specific FAQs, travel information, and healthcare guidance
New Adaptivity Academy
The New Adaptivity Academy is a free-to-access training content that provides critical information to help organizations adapt to the new realities of business during this global health crisis and to successfully design the future of work post-COVID-19. The courses included were designed to supplement an organization’s COVID-19 policies and guidance. The free access is available until the end of September 2020 and offers the following learning paths:
- Building your Career and Brand
- Leading the Future of Work
- Managing a Return to the Workplace
- Microlearning for a Positive Mindset
- Respect and Safety Back at Work
- Wellbeing for a Better Working Life