Six international startups, including Singapore -based Unravel Carbon, have been selected to participate in the latest SAP.iO Foundry Tel Aviv cohort to further the development of solutions focused on enterprise data management to drive companies’ sustainability efforts.
SAP.iO, German tech giant SAP’s open innovation model and a zero-equity-ask program, has recently announced its Foundry Tel Aviv cohort centered on helping enterprises drive their ESG goals, particularly carbon accounting. Designed to be conducted virtually, the Carbon Accounting program intends to harness enterprise data and tackle companies’ pressing need to further sustainability efforts in line with consumers’ and investors’ increasing environmental, social, and governance (ESG) awareness.
“Data is a critical driver toward sustainability success. Enterprise data collection is a challenge where SAP helps its customers on their journey to Net Zero,” stated Gunther Rothermel, Senior Vice President and Head of SAP Sustainability Engineering. “It is about using the right tools and the latest innovation to achieve this goal.”
Today, more than ever, sustainability has been at the forefront of many, if not, all companies regardless of industries. Businesses recognize that consumers have evolved into more socially and environmentally conscious buyers who prefer to support companies that are managing their carbon footprint and take action to support climate change.
SAP is among the global companies that have embedded sustainability measures within its operations and its programs. For instance, SAP.iO has been supporting accelerator programs such as SAP.iO Foundry Tokyo’s cohort early this year, which is focused on developing solutions to empower intelligent, sustainable enterprises.
Harnessing Enterprise Data Management for ESG
The Foundry Tel Aviv cohort has been evaluated by a jury of SAP experts, partners, investment funds, and SAP customers such as ABInBev, DSV Global Transport and Logistics. During the program, the chosen startups will have access to curated mentorship and exposure to SAP technology and application programming interfaces (APIs) as well as collaboration opportunities with the Foundry team and SAP customers across various industries.
Here are the six tech startups to work on the theme “Carbon Accounting” through advancing enterprise data management:
- Connect Earth. The startup leverages API frameworks to link financial spending with its carbon emissions, championing conscious consumerism through its environmental data-tracking technology.
- ESGgo. The tech company offers a one-stop-shop ESG technology tool for ESG executives, legal, compliance, HR, and communication teams. The B2B enterprise software provides internal ESG data monitoring, gap analysis, and AI-based optimization.
- ESG Enterprise. Based in Houston, Texas, ESG Enterprise offers an all-in-one ESG platform that includes data, reporting, carbon management, and supply chain data to monitor sustainability impacts and meet reporting requirements to help companies simplify ESG reporting and carbon neutrality journeys.
- SustainCert. The Luxembourg-headquartered startup is developing a software platform that supports digital verification of impact claims across carbon markets and value chains. SustainCert also provides advisory services for companies that pursue Scope3 impact verification.
- Sustain.Life. The company offers comprehensive sustainability software that helps enterprises streamline ESG reporting and carbon accounting, which includes automatically calculating emissions across scopes 1, 2, and 3.
- Unravel Carbon. The Singapore-headquartered tech company is the creator of the first AI-powered decarbonization platform in Asia. Unravel Carbon offers enterprise software that converts accounting data into full supply chain carbon data in seconds.