SAP Cloud Platform Services, referred to as “Platform-as-a-Service” (PaaS), include various service offerings provided by vendors that support end-users such as consulting and strategy planning, POC (Proof of Concept), integration, migration and system conversion.
SAP Cloud Platform services’ tier 1 vendors have been focusing on the Asia Pacific region, eyeing the opportunities with significant growth across various industries including BFSI, consumer goods, IT & telecom and manufacturing. This was one of the key findings in Fact.MR’s assessment of the SAP Cloud Platform services market for the period of 2018-2028.
Top IT companies SAP, Accenture Plc, Infosys Limited, and IBM Corporation have collectively contributed over 30% to the platform’s market, and, consequently, significant revenue shares.
With the huge distribution infrastructure and geographical reach in the cloud services marketplace along with their alliances in the Asia Pacific, these tech global leaders are forecasted to contribute to SAP Cloud Platform services’ sales growth. The recent activities from some of the Top 4 companies demonstrate the potential of the platforms’ services in the region.
Take the recent development of Infosys Limited as an example. The technology services & consulting firm announced its recent expansion plans in the Asia Pacific by initiating a joint venture with Temasek, a Singapore based company. This joint venture adds another sales funnel to the SAP Cloud Platform services portfolio by facilitating the expansion of IBM in Southeast Asia in the software services marketplace.
Similarly, the multi-zone cluster strategy of key vendors can also increase the SAP cloud platform services sales just like in the case of IBM Corporation. The IT goliath continues to expand its cloud footprint across Sydney and Tokyo in the Asia Pacific and other regions including the UK, Germany, Dallas, Washington DC, and Texas.
SAP Cloud Platform Services in demand
SAP Cloud Platform services have been receiving increased popularity in the market due to its capability in regulating processes under disruptive business models.
· Facilitating digital transformation and offers flexible software that enables quick adaptation
· Scalability in processes without altering existing software
· Real-time business data along with agility in application development that can enhance business proficiency and profitability
Other key findings
· Well-established companies, startups, developers and Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) have been utilizing SAP cloud platform services to achieve faster ROI and profitability. This has been demonstrated in the cases of Pacific Drilling and the National Football League.
Pacific Drilling, an industry-leading offshore drilling company that delivers prototypes to end-users, utilized SAP Cloud Platform services enhancing app creation by around 75 %.
After adopting SAP cloud platform services (HANA) to provide statistics and figures to enthusiasts along with player analysis, the NFL’s site achieved 45% growth in terms of usage and content consumption.
· SAP cloud platform services market is expected to witness significant growth with its robust cloud architecture linking enterprise applications with next-gen technologies including machine learning, IoT and blockchain.
Fact.MR is an independent, pure-play market intelligence firm incorporated to deliver high quality, customized market research solutions that help its clients successfully go to the market equipped with actionable insights capable of impacting crucial business decisions. The company has 600+ dedicated analysts supported by an exclusive global network of data providers to gather data on more than 30,000 niche markets. Fact.MR has offices in Ireland, the US, and India.