Google unveils a new Google Cloud Platform region in Jakarta, aimed at empowering Indonesian businesses in their cloud adoption journey. The move further reinforces the Google and SAP partnership with the advancement of the Cloud Acceleration Program, designed to help SAP Indonesia’s customers simplify cloud integration plans.
The announcement of the new GCP region in Indonesia advances cloud integration for local businesses running on SAP. The launch highlights Google’s Cloud Acceleration Program, designed specifically for SAP customers wanting to streamline their cloud migration plans—whether it’s shifting SAP workloads from on-premise to Google Cloud, or extending SAP solutions with Google Cloud.
The initiative, which started in 2019, includes support from top global services partners such as Accenture, Atos, Deloitte, HCL, Capgemini, DXC Technologies, Hitachi oXya, IBM Global Business Services, Infosys, NTT, TCS, and Wipro. Participants enjoy a variety of benefits that help simplify cloud migration:
- access to expert capabilities for migration, implementation optimization from Google’s expert partner community
- upfront financial incentives to defray infrastructure costs for SAP cloud migrations
- new architecture templates and accelerators
- SAP-focused support
- partner-led assessment services
- access to centers of excellence dedicated to SAP on GCP
SAP and Google set Local Cloud Integration In Motion
Indonesia is fast emerging as a diverse digital economy, with many businesses aiming to digitalize and move core business processes to the cloud. The International Data Corporation (IDC) predicts IT spending in Indonesia will grow to $78 billion in 2022, which would see 61 percent of GDP being digitalized. Indeed, with the Indonesian government’s ‘Making Indonesia 4.0’ program which focuses efforts on boosting the country’s digital economy, many SMEs are fast becoming more competitive in driving and accelerating their organization’s digital transformation and cloud adoption.
SAP Indonesia has been a prominent player in helping businesses of any size and segment, from the local SMEs to regional conglomerates in the country along their digital transformation journey. For the past 20 years, SAP has allowed Indonesian enterprises realize breakthroughs locally and globally through innovation and technology. Businesses running on SAP have successfully become more transparent, efficient, and compliant thanks to innovative enterprise solutions.
In a statement, Claus Andresen, President and Managing Director for SAP Southeast Asia said,
“SAP Indonesia opened its doors to business 20 years ago, and during the two decades of being in operations, the pace of technological change continues to be incremental. Businesses and governments alike need to adapt and keep up with the demands of the digital economy. SAP has proven to be a reliable partner to see organizations in the private and public sectors through these changes and we will continue to support our customers in Indonesia move the needle in digitization.”
Through SAP’s partnership with Google Cloud, SAP customers who are are strategizing to build robust and innovative IT systems are better equipped in fast-tracking their cloud integration and digitalization.
Google Cloud Capabilities
In addition to empowering SAP Indonesia’s customers on their cloud adoption journey through the Cloud Acceleration Program, GCP Jakarta provides opportunities for SAP customers to take advantage of Google’s SAP partner ecosystem and the latest SAP-specific Google Cloud and partner capabilities. These new capabilities include fresh and updated certifications that allow customers to use Google’s VMs for more varied workloads and provides more throughput and better processing:
- updated SAP HANA certifications to improve workload performance and enable customers to ‘right-size’ their Google Cloud VMs to match their SAP HANA licenses
- the new OLAP Scale-up certification which provides increased options for running OLAP scenarios for customers running larger SAP HANA deployments
- the new SAP NetWeaver certification, offering customers optionality and flexibility of choice for deploying SAP NetWeaver applications or SAP application servers alongside their SAP HANA deployments
- updated SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) Database 16.0 which is certified on Google Cloud for customers who build applications on SAP ASE as a general-purpose database