SAP’s Innovation Awards continues to recognise and highlight the accomplishments and contributions of innovative organisations that have pushed the limits of what is possible through SAP’s cutting-edge technologies and solutions, while also making a difference in the world.
The annual awards ceremony, which is now in its ninth year, attracted nearly 200 entries for 2022. According to SAP, the finalist judges assessed each applicant’s pitch deck to be able to select the 60 finalists. The panel of judges then selected 25 finalists from among the sea of outstanding candidates.
SAP Cloud Success Services President Claudio Muruzabal stated that individuals and organisations from different sectors across the globe presented paradigm-shifting solutions when the German enterprise software giant issued a call for submissions to the SAP Innovation Awards for 2022. He added:
“We thank all who participated in the 2022 SAP Innovation Awards, and our judges for evaluating our 25 winners. I personally look forward to what 2023 has in store for our community — and the world.”
Celebrating Forward-Thinking Companies at SAP’s Innovation Awards 2022
It can be noted that last year, SAP made the participation easier through simplified eligibility and submission processes. As part of the enhancements in 2021, seven categories have been updated to reflect new business realities and priorities. This year, the German tech giant recently announced the following forward-thinking organisations and SAP customers as winners:
50th Anniversary Legend
- Freudenberg Home and Cleaning Solutions GmbH – The international company has integrated enterprise-wide planning into its operations by implementing a consolidated data warehouse driven by SAP HANA, an in-memory database platform that can be deployed on premises or in the cloud. Other products such as SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP Integrated Business Planning for Supply Chain solutions have also been used in the transformation project.
- Amt fur Informatik Kanton Zuerich – The Canton of Zurich made the decision to use the SAP Business Technology Platform (BTP) and SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation (SAP iRPA) to build an iRPA solution to fully automate the influx of applications and payments during the height of the global COVID-19 pandemic.
- Netze BW – Utilities company developed the NeWa App using SAP IS-U & SAP Work Orders on Apple Watch to improve the health and safety of its employees. The solution is aimed at reducing accidents and time lost during operations.
- Bboxx – As a socially beneficial utility firm that operates in some of the globe’s most destitute areas, Bboxx relied on SAP technologies to help the company scale its operations quickly and efficiently with the support of Grow by SAP, SAP Business by Design, and Orchard House Solutions.
- Arpa Industriale – Using SAP solutions, the Italian mill products company designed and built an innovative factory from the ground up to assist in the development of a new production line that was deemed successful.
- Air Canada – Using a dynamic digital marketplace to handle the procurement process from source to settle, Air Canada reduced several manual processes, improved operations, and increased efficiency. During the COVID-19 epidemic, Air Canada used Ariba Network to ensure supply chain security and reduce risk.
- Barclays – Because of the SAP transformation project, Barclays has been able to make significant improvements to the way customers conduct business, allowing them to operate with greater agility as a result of the integration of payment technology into their business processes.
- Carrefour – With the help of SAP Brazil and MIGNOW, a technology company that specialises in SAP S/4HANA updates, Carrefour was able to complete the migration to a new data center and connection services framework.
Other winners in the Business Innovator category include Hamburg, Verizon, Umicore, Sycor, Los Alamos National Laboratory, and REHAU Polymers (Suzhou) Co., Ltd., the Chinese branch of worldwide REHAU Group, which was the first to go live with SAP iRPA and intelligent technologies in the Asia-Pacific Japan (APJ) region.
- Zuellig Pharma – eZRx, the largest business-to-business (B2B) e-commerce platform for the health sector in the ASEAN region, is built on SAP Enterprise Resource Planning Central Component (SAP ECC) and created by Zuellig Pharma, one of the region’s leading healthcare services provider.
- Team Liquid – Using in-game data analytics and visualisations, an SAP e-sports development team has collaborated closely with Team Liquid professionals to better their match preparation procedures and acquire fresh insights into their strategy.
In addition to the above mentioned companies, other awardees in the Transformation category include specialty chemicals company Clariant International Ltd., Turkish footwear retailer FLO, Georgia’s fourth largest school system Fulton County Schools, and logistics services firm Schnellecke Logistics.
For the Industry Leader category, both French multinational utility company ENGIE and Martur Fompak International, a global leader in automotive seat production, took the top spots. SAP partners NTT DATA and Exnaton were recognised in the Partner Paragon category. Meanwhile, sustainable energy compant AVANGRID won in the Cutting-Edge Genius category for creating a proof of concept “Automated Overhead Network Inspection” deployed in SAP BTP.
Lastly, Swiss multinational healthcare company Rocher, global IT services provider NTT DATA, and Ukrainian vertically integrated company MHP were all in the Honourable Mentions list of SAP’s Innovation Awards 2022.