SAP.iO Foundry Bangalore and SAP.iO Foundry Tel Aviv announced that applications for their next equity-free programs for B2B tech startup companies are now open. The three-month-long programs are set to grow the “next generation of partners” for SAP. Applications are open for early-stage startups from all over the world that have raised seed or Round A funding, and whose future product roadmap includes partnering or integrating with SAP.
SAP.iO Bangalore is looking for B2B SaaS tech startup companies who are developing enterprise software solutions for the consumer industry focused on:
- digital supply chain
- smart store/self-service consuming apps for retailers to connect with their principals/brands
- connecting farmers with consumers
Meanwhile, SAP.iO Tel Aviv is targeting startups that are innovating in areas such as retail and prosumer, enterprise asset management, generation and renewables, and transmission and distribution. SAP.iO Tel Aviv will be collaborating with European electric utility company E.ON—one of the United Kingdom’s top energy suppliers—and Israel Electric Corporation (IEC) for the Utilities Industry Cohort program. The two SAP clients will participate in the application screening phase, in some of the meetings and sessions during the program, share insights and industry challenges, and be potential beta-sites for pilots for relevant tech startup companies.
The three-month programs aim to help B2B tech startup companies build long-term partnerships with SAP globally. Startups who successfully pass the applications will be working closely with the teams at SAP.iO Banglore and Tel Aviv—who will provide focused mentorship and technical support in building integrations with SAP platforms. The startups will also get the opportunity to:
- engage with SAP clients globally through account plans created specifically for their needs
- work alongside world-class executives and mentors
- join the SAP PartnerEdge program
- join the SAP.iO alumni program
Tech Startup Companies: Next Generation of SAP Partners
SAP.iO Foundries are SAP’s global network of equity-free startup accelerators that help promising tech startup companies integrate with SAP solutions and accelerate their entry into the SAP ecosystem. SAP.iO Foundry has various accelerator programs—each focused on a different theme—that are being run by nine teams located in San Francisco, New York, Berlin, Munich, Paris, Tel Aviv, Bangalore, Singapore, and Tokyo. These innovation hubs accelerate 18 cohorts of startups every year according to SAP.
Currently, SAP.iO Foundries have two on-going programs in Singapore and Tokyo that are each focused on fintech and COVID-19 recovery, and the consumers industry space, respectively.
Seven other programs, including SAP.iO Bangalore’s Consumer Industry Cohort and Tel Aviv’s Utilities Industry Cohort, are scheduled to begin Fall 2020:
- Fan Experience program in Munich – for startups disrupting the way fans experience events in the stadium and remotely
- Analytics program in Berlin – focused on data harmonization, business analytics, machine learning, and data-as-a-service
- Shaping the Future of Procurement, Paris – for startups developing solutions that are, or can be, integrated with SAP Procurement Solutions
- Future of Work, San Francisco – for startups that are innovating in workforce modeling, HR analytics, and talent management
- COVID-19 Recovery in Automotive, Manufacturing & Retail in New York – for companies that have a female or diverse co-founder and/or executive team member with significant equity
SAP.iO is SAP’s early stage venture arm that makes strategic investments in startups who drive customer value from digitization. The firm invests in startups who can leverage SAP’s data, APIs and technologies. It also enables SAP customers to realize the new, highly incremental value to investments in SAP solutions.
SAP.iO is dedicated to closing the gap in resources for businesses owned and led by women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, first-generation and others from underrepresented groups.