The SAP Supply Chain Management software was recently recognized by Gartner Inc. as one of the top solutions by worldwide market share, which echoes IDC’s report ranking SAP number one in overall supply chain management market share.
Early on, SAP has laid out its global initiatives to help businesses better manage and adjust to the changes that are happening inside their companies, with their customers, and with their supply chains in these unpredictable times. SAP offered select supply chain solutions at zero cost to help companies easily identify and address potential supply chain disruptions as well as pinpoint alternative sources of supply and move goods efficiently and cost-effectively.
The German company’s dedication and efforts to aid the global supply chain challenges have not gone unnoticed in the recent Gartner Magic Quadrant report. Gartner Inc. announced that SAP received several recognitions for its logistics, transportation, and supply solutions.
Outstanding Logistics and Supply Chain Management Solutions
Franz Hero, Head of Development for SAP Digital Supply Chain, commented that this year has disrupted the supply chain without warnings that may have immediate and long-lasting impact. Appreciating Gartner’s recognition for SAP, he said:
“Companies must operate resilient supply chains that are agile, predictive, and intelligent in order to make informed decisions quickly and confidently. These third-party recognitions show SAP’s leadership in helping organizations continue moving forward — even in times of disruption.”
According to recent Gartner reports, SAP has been:
- A Leader in Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Warehouse Management Systems” for the sixth time in a row
SAP Extended Warehouse Management (SAP EWM) helps companies reduce warehouse and distribution costs by improving productivity and visibility into processes, labor, and stock. It covers all the facets of warehouse and distribution management, including multichannel fulfillment and distribution, inventory management and control, cross-docking, labor management, and billing for companies of all sizes and industries.
Basic features of SAP EWM are included in SAP S/4HANA Enterprise Management.
- A Leader in Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Transportation Management Systems” for the sixth year in a row
The SAP Transportation Management solution helps organizations optimize logistics and improve services by increasing visibility and control and streamlining goods movement, integrating fleet and logistics management.
In May 2020, SAP has released the functionality of Normalized quantity (NLQ) in embedded Transportation management (TM ) with S/4HANA 1909 release and in standalone TM with TM 9.6 release
- Ranked by Gartner as the number one market share leader in supply chain management software, worldwide, for the 18th year in a row
According to Gartner:
“The supply chain management software market grew 8.6% in 2019, exceeding $15 billion in vendor revenue. Cloud revenue grew 2.5 times faster than the overall market, accounting for nearly 34% of the market as all leading vendors transitioned their new product strategy to cloud.”
- Ranked by IDC as number one by market share for supply chain management applications
Published in April 2020, the “IDC Semiannual Software Tracker 2019H2” reported that SAP ranked number one in supply chain management revenue and overall market share.
Other Q3 2020 Recognitions
September has just begun but SAP has already received several recognitions from Gartner and IDC in various categories this third quarter of 2020.
- A leader in Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools” report based on its “ability to execute” and “completeness of vision.”
- A Leader in Gartner’s July 2020 Magic Quadrant for Sales Force Automation for SAP’s completeness of vision and ability to execute.
- International Data Group Inc. named SAP Business One as Leader in the worldwide software-as-a-service (SaaS) and cloud-enabled small office ERP applications market.