SAP results for the first quarter of 2023, announced on April 21, highlighted the company’s continued growth and strength in S/4HANA cloud revenue and cloud backlog. In particular, businesses in the Asia Pacific and Japan (APJ) have been choosing SAP to support their cloud journeys, with SAP reporting ongoing cloud momentum in the region.
The German tech giant’s Q1 2023 results showed impressive growth in the Asia Pacific and Japan (APJ) region, with cloud revenue reaching 414 million Euros, a significant 23% increase from the same period in 2022. Meanwhile, the total revenue for the quarter was 1.063 billion Euros, reflecting SAP’s strength and continued growth. Additionally, the global cloud revenue also saw an increase of 24%, with S/4HANA cloud revenue up by an impressive 77%.
SAP’s cloud strategy is resonating well with customers in APJ, as demonstrated by the adoption of the SAP S/4HANA public cloud edition by renowned brands like Shinsegae International and NEC Networks & System Integration Corporation. These brands are experiencing the benefits of SAP’s innovative, flexible, and comprehensive cloud-based transformation, which is empowering their businesses to transform in the cloud.
According to Paul Marriott, President of SAP APJ, businesses in Asia are rapidly transforming and digitizing their operations through a cloud-first strategy. Momentum is building across large enterprises and SMEs, with SAP’s public cloud offering delivering flexibility and scalability, while also leveraging the company’s global business networks. This also allows customers to innovate faster than ever before, enabling them to become intelligent and sustainable businesses.
SAP Cloud Success Services are assisting businesses throughout Asia Pacific and Japan (APJ) to reach their objectives through value-driven collaboration. HCLTech, a leading global technology company, Indorama Ventures, a chemical company, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, one of Australia’s biggest banks, and DKSH Holdings, one of the world’s top market expansion companies, are among the new customers receiving the benefits of SAP Cloud Success Services.
Leveraging SAP Cloud Success Services for Digital Transformation
Several companies that have implemented SAP solutions with the help of SAP Cloud Success Services include:
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia, a global banking customer of SAP, has implemented CommRem (SAP Commissions) to speed up commissions processing time and provide better digital innovation to improve customer experience.
- HCLTech has chosen various SAP solutions, including SAP SuccessFactors, SAP Business Technology Platform, SAP Qualtrics, and SAP Preferred Success Services to better engage, recruit and retain the best talent and provide a world-class employee experience.
- Indorama Ventures (IVL), a global chemical company, embarked on a four-year digital transformation project in 2020 to implement SAP S/4HANA, SAP SuccessFactors, and SAP BW/4HANA across more than 100 IVL entities globally with the support of SAP Cloud Success Services and Accenture.
- JFE Steel migrated its accounting and investment management system to SAP S/4HANA Cloud with the support of SAP Cloud Success Services.
- NEC Networks & System Integration Corporation adopted SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition, to expand its service business.
- L&T Construction & Mining Machinery (CMB) went live with SAP Field Service Management to automate and optimize service delivery and quality through real-time scheduling, dispatching, tracking, and reporting.
- Shinsegae International went live with SAP S/4HANA Public Cloud successfully with the help of SAP Cloud Success Services.
SAP results indicate that the company has seen significant growth in revenue and cloud subscriptions in recent years, indicating a strong performance in the enterprise software market. The German tech giant’s investments in cloud computing and artificial intelligence have also positioned the company well for future growth opportunities. Lastly, the positive trends seen in SAP results suggest a promising future for the company as it continues to innovate and evolve in response to changing market conditions and customer needs.