There’s no question about it, intelligent enterprises better address challenges with innovative and technology-enabled capabilities such as machine learning, predictive analytics, and artificial intelligence (AI)—and with SAP S/4HANA the business and IT benefits are vast.
“It’s no longer a question of whether to migrate but rather when to migrate to SAP S/4HANA”-Frank Densborn, Senior Director for Cloud Transformation
Whether your change management process includes staying on-premise, moving to the cloud, or consolidating multiple enterprise resource planning (ERP), one thing is clear, transitioning to SAP S/4HANA is inevitable if you want your business to gain greater speed and agility, better drive innovation, scale quickly and thrive in an ever-changing digital environment.
Transitioning to SAP S/4HANA provides numerous benefits:
- efficiently manage current and future data transformation
- simplifying process and improving efficiencies by enabling the centralizing of hardware and network resources
- ability to harness a single view of your business’ analytical and transactional capabilities for a better decision-making process
- over-all improved performance and speed
It’s true though that migrating to S/4HANA is not a simple upgrade. Managing parallel SAP environments is crucial. Ensuring your organization runs without interruption during the S/4HANA migration and after go-live is front-and-center of organizations’ concerns.
This is where most organizations get stuck—the complexity of starting the SAP change management process. For most medium to large enterprises this process normally includes the following steps:
- Track 12 months’ worth of custom code and SAP standard code to see the extent of the transition effort required with SCMON/SUSG or UPL.
- Find out what code to keep and what to discard.
- Verify transitioning code for compatibility.
- Resolve incompatible custom code.
- Fine-tune compatible code performance.
However, relying on mostly manual processes to manage dual SAP environments can result in overblown budgets and project delays. The ability to successfully manage SAP change across your landscape is crucial. Automation and working with the right partner is therefore key for a successful and rapid S/4HANA migration.
How then do you select the right automated SAP change management tool and partner? Here are some factors to consider according to Rev-Trac:
First, keep in mind that SAP change processes have to be consistent and managed proactively. Find a partner that can align their development and configuration resources to your organization’s change control requirements.
Second, make sure that your selected partner has an automated record-keeping system to document all technical and functional changes to your SAP systems, and that critical compliance regulations are adhered to.
Third, the right partner must be able to incorporate functionalities specifically developed to ensure that SAP changes made in the primary landscape will be re-applied if relevant to the new landscape—working with a partner that can overcome the unique challenge of managing complex dual SAP environments is crucial.
Fourth, your SAP change management tool must be able to control and align SAP changes across multiple phased environments to avoid conflict and sequencing issues.
Finally, avoid sequencing and dependency errors by choosing a partner that can ensure your business’ requirements are consistently adhered to.
With SAP S/4HANA migration, automation is critical to ensuring your organization’s significant volumes of code are managed efficiently and that the change management process is streamlined and accelerated.
Several Rev-Trac customers have simplified and managed the process with the automated change management platform, Rev-Trac Platinum. Additionally SAP IT teams can quickly support business objectives while maintaining production system stability with the newly launched Rev-Trac ONE.
Find out more
Download this comprehensive whitepaper – Managing an S/4HANA migration with Rev-Trac – to discover:
- Why automating your SAP change management processes is crucial
- How Rev-Trac Platinum can help you to successfully manage dual SAP environments
- What key Rev-Trac Platinum features help to minimize unscheduled downtime
This article is sponsored by RSC Group